Texas Legal Update 2
It is critical for real estate license holders to be knowledgeable in the laws and ethics involved in client and customer relationships, contracts, and requirements—and the issues that can occur when there is a lack of understanding of these topics. This course includes a comprehensive discussion about the various laws and regulations affecting the practice of real estate. Scenarios and case studies are woven into the material to illustrate the practical applications of these legal requirements, as well as show the ramifications when a license holder is not in compliance with them.
Course highlights include:
- The ethics requirements for engaging in real estate brokerage in Texas, reviewing the relevant sections of the Texas Administrative Code.
- Discussion about fair housing law, including federal, state, and local levels.
- Overview of agency law, including frequently asked questions and scenarios.
- Insights on the Deceptive Trade Practices Consumer Protection Act (DTPA).
- Review of hot topics, including CSST lightning safety awareness, new CFPB changes impacting closings, homeowners’ associations.
- Highlights of various tax laws impacting real estate.
- Frequent interactive activities to highlight key points and ensure understanding of course material.
- Examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.