Texas Legal Update 1
It is critical for real estate license holders to be knowledgeable in the laws and ethics involved in client and customer relationships, contracts, and requirements—and the issues that can occur when there is a lack of understanding of these topics. This course includes a comprehensive discussion about the various laws and regulations affecting the practice of real estate. Scenarios and case studies are woven into the material to illustrate the practical applications of these legal requirements, as well as show the ramifications when a license holder is not in compliance with them.
Course highlights include:
- Statutory changes to the Texas Real Estate License Act (TRELA).
- Highlights from TREC rules, including updates and new, recently adopted rules.
- Overview of legislative changes affecting property management.
- Review of questions related to residential tenancies and commercial tenancies.
- Legislative changes that require delivery of disclosures/notices.
- Comprehensive review of promulgated contract and addendum forms, including updates and amendments.
- Review of the unauthorized practice of law.
- Frequent interactive activities to highlight key points and ensure understanding of course material.
- Examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context.